GETTING US CAPITAL INTO AFRICA
The US is the biggest source of private equity fund capital – and home to the oldest and most sophisticated LPs, intermediaries and gatekeepers.
What does it take to successfully raise capital in this market?
This editorial-led how-to event will bring together industry leading investors and advisors to share thoughts on strategies for successfully raising capital in the US market.
Attendance is capped to facilitate high-quality networking, and so space is very limited.
THIS EVENT IS FREE FOR LPs & PEA SUBSCRIBERS
Early Bird offer ends 17 April 2019
MORNING SESSIONS: Masterclasses (Very limited space: Masterclasses not open to Legal or Fund Advisors)
AFTERNOON SESSIONS: LP-GP Panels + Open Room Debate Session
- The Perfect Pitch: Practical case studies on pitches that have won over US investors
- Influencing US LPs: What are the key factors at the fore of US LPs minds when investing in Africa? How have these evolved?
- Best Practices in the Current Fundraising Climate: Sourcing and securing LP commitments – how has this evolved over the past few years?
- Lessons Learnt: How have successful fund managers navigated US capital raising?
- Alternate Funding Structures: Deal-by-deal, managed accounts, permanent capital vehicles – What deal funding structures have been popular with US LPs?
- Legal Strategies: What fund structures and terms have been popular with US LPs? Which legal pitfalls do Africa-focused managers tend to fall into?
- Venture Capital: What profile of investors are backing Africa’s Venture Capital uptick?
- Impact Investing: What are impact investors targeting Africa looking for? Balancing social versus financial strategies – what are the winning strategies?
- Open Room Debate: Elephant in the Room: Analysing controversies surrounding investing in Africa