LACP packaging deal approved

Font Bigger Smaller

Legacy Africa Capital Partners’ (LACP) deal to acquire a South Africa-based industrials holding company focused on the packaging space has been approved by a deals regulator.

The investor is acquiring Kelpack Investment Holdings which operates through Kelpack Manufacturing.

Financial details of the transaction have not been disclosed.

LACP is a private equity arm of Legacy Africa Fund Managers, a South Africa-based investment firm which invests in listed companies.

Legacy Africa Fund Managers owns 60% stake in LACP with the remaining 40% being held by LACP’s management team.

LACP is structuring the deal through LACP Fund I, sized at approximately $23 million (R380 million).

Kgosi Monametsi [pictured] is managing director and head of private equity at LACP.

Headquartered in Durban, Kelpack provides provide contract manufacturing and food packing services to corporate clients across south Africa.

The company primarily provides services to clients operating in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector.

Kelpack Manufacturing provides its services through its South Africa -based subsidiaries which include Westpack Contract Packers and Nhlayisa Nutritional Solutions.

Created in 1996 the company is headed by chief executive officer Garth Jones and employs approximately 46 people as of 2022.

Full story version will be available shortly

 

Deal Card
Company Name Kelpack Manufacturing
Sector Industrial
Sub Sector Manufacturing
Revenue Bespoke request
Country (Headquarters) South Africa
City (Headquarters) Durban
Employees c46 (2022)
Founder(s) Bespoke request
CEO/MD Garth Jones, CEO (Kelpak Manufacturing)
Investors in Deal LACP
Investor Amounts LACP (n/d)
Debt investors in Deal Bespoke request
Individual Investors Bespoke request
Other Investors Bespoke request
Investing Fund(s) Bespoke request
Related News Stories 2010-2022
Previous Investors Bespoke request
Deal Class Small-Cap
Deal Size Bespoke request
Deal Stage Expansion
Deal Structure Buyout
Year Founded 1996
Current Product Lines Provides its services through its South Africa -based subsidiaries which include Westpack Contract Packers and Nhlayisa Nutritional Solutions.
Customer Profile Corporates
Client Names Bespoke request
People in Deal Kgosi Monametsi, Managing Director and Head of Private Equity (LACP)
Other people in deal Garth Jones, CEO (Kelpak Manufacturing)
Reasons for Investment Bespoke request
Expansion Plans Bespoke request
Advisors Bespoke request
Bonds Issued Bespoke request
Notes Bespoke request

 

SourceDeal Book Africa

Tags

DFI names Africa regional head